Monday 3 August 2009

Got Some Tunes [August]


I'm not sure if this only applies to me, but I have noticed that on Firefox the 'Got Some Tunes' ilike playlist doesn't show up. I also now have an issue meaning that I can't edit the playlist at all which is a tad annoying but I'm working on it.

Panic At The Disco: New perspective
I'm not gonna lie, I thought this song was going to be dreadful and waste of my time. I stand corrected. I think it sounds like it's from the middle ground between the first and second albums but it don't sound bad at all!

Wall Street Riots: Did you know that retro-pop was an aphrodisiac
If you took William Beckett (TAI...) and stuck him in a room with Canterbury and Tonight Is Goodbye I think they would sound a lot like this. I swear this is the catchiest song I've heard since that last one from Soulja Boy.

Canterbury: Eleven twelve
Their first proper single. It's brilliant as are Canterbury. It's out on the 24th. Go buy it. OR ELSE!

Death Quit Dancing: Swings and roundabouts
This was sold to me as rock/metal/emo/panic at the disco-esque. And essentially that's what it is. I think that the singer's voice is extremely annoying but I quite like it and have got used to it but it is quite hard listening to begin with. If you like your music to confuse and bewilder you whilst you listen this is definitely for you.

Ducksauce: Anyway
Ducksauce is Armand Van Helden and A-Track coming together and making this IMMENSE dance tuune.

You Me At Six: Kiss and tell

This song is immense. It's similar to Finders Keepers but minus the dreadful chorus and I think there's a little bit of influence from songs like Gossip and Save it for the bedroom in there. If you like YM@6 definitely check it out.


Smasher: Simples
It was only a matter of time before someone sampled the 'Compare the Market' advert with the meercat, you know the one. Luckily this guy has and god has he done it well!

No comments:

Post a Comment