Saturday 6 February 2010

AR: We Are The Ocean - Cutting Our Teeth

First impressions on first listen:
I had the preconception based on what I'd heard at live shows and the couple of songs the band have released so far from this album that it was going to be absolutely bollocks. I have never been quite so long in my 17 and a quarter years of living. After listening to this album just the once I think it is brilliant.

Album artwork:
A bit odd. Not really sure what message it's trying to convery or anything but in saying that I don't have a problem with it at all. It's just not really what I was expecting.

After a few listens:
I love it, I love this album, it is so good. Although, I'm not sure whether it is as good as I think it is or whether I just think it's really good because my preconceptions were that it would be rubbish. I sort of don't really have anything bad to say about this album. For me the stand out tracks are 'confessions', 'don't take chances' and 'are you proud of me now?'. I've waited a year to have a recorded version of 'confessions' and it was worth the wait. When I first listened to 'are you proud of me now?' I didn't really get anything special from it; I later read the album sleeve where they've dedicated that song to all their family and friends which really puts into perspective how far they've actually come over the past couple of years. This album is definitely a worthwhile purchase.

Best track: Don't take chances
Worst track: [I can not possibly pick a worst track so I've chosen the one I like the least] Look alive
Rating (average rating of all tracks): 4/5

[Rock Sound: 9/10][Kerrang!: 4/5]

No comments:

Post a Comment