Monday 1 February 2010

Got Some Tunes [February]

A fair few tracks to shout about, but not really much to say about them.


Yeasayer and Hadouken! are disbled from embedding.
View the full playlist here or at my channel here.

Drums: Let's go surfing
Something I hadn't noticed which somone kindly pointed out on youtube, it does sound like he says "Obama, I wanna go surfing" and that's had me chuckling a tad. This is a proper carefree summer tune (although I do take into consideration that it is currently winter and snowing at the time I'm writing this). If you know Alice Hodges, this is definitely song I would associate with her.


Example: Won't go quietly
I should have probably put this in last months post but I didn't so too bad. I love Example and this song is so catchy. Fact: I only like songs if they are catchy. Such a tuuune.
I totally rate the DC Breaks and also the Men In Masks remixes of this.

Chiddy Bang: Opposite of adults
This song samples Kids by MGMT and I totally didn't get the pun in the title until the second time I heard it although it is pretty clever. A lot of people were saying that they didn't like this but I think it's a brilliant use of the sample because it's not like they're just singing over the original song. Amazing.

Yeasayer: Ambling alp
I honestly can't work out why I like this song. Let's just call it catchy and be done with it. The video definitely puts a new spin on the word "weird".

Calvin Harris: You used to hold me
The best song that I've heard off of the Ready for the Weekend album by far although a lot of people seem not to like it and I can not work out why.

Hadouken: Turn the lights out
This is definitely the best Hadouken song I've heard in a while and it must be good to make it onto the radio 1 playlist. Oh fuck it, it's catchy, okay? That's all I have to say. "Make way for the cardinal sin when the boys come out and the freaks come in". I always shout that line and I'm not too sure why...


The Midnight Beast: Tik tok parody
The best (and possibly only) parody I've heard this year. It is so clever and even made me laugh a bit which parodies tend not to do for me. Plus the one in the white vest in the video is fiiit.
[I wrote this before I heard Example's version of 'Tik Tok' which I might prefer, I can't decide]

Danny Byrd feat. Liquid: Sweet harmony
Such a tune. I've never heard the original but this is immense.

Groove Armada: Paper romance
As a general rule, I don't like Groove Armada but this song has totally won me over. I think it's the male vocals which they don't normally have I don't think. So yeah, it's good, check it.

Proceed: Melancholy monday
I love Proceed, they sound amazing. No shouting vocals on this song though which I never realised the first maybe ten times I heard it. Still sounds absolutely brilliant.

Tinie Tempah: Pass out
I hated this when I first heard it but it's really grown on me and the lyrics are proper good ("I live a very very very wild lifestyle, heidi and audrina eat your heart out" loves it). I think this is the first I've actually heard from Tinie Tempah but with these lyrics it definitely leaves me wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment