Sunday 7 February 2010

GR: Kerrang! Relentless Energy Drink Tour 2010

We love to cause a scene.
First port of call: lost ticket scenario, approximately 2minutes after entering the venue.

Once this was over with I stood in the main room literally praying for Young Guns not to have the opening slot on this date. I did not have time to find myself being disappointed as I heard the intro to 'winter kiss', turned to everyone, shouted "young guns are on first!" and barged my way into the middle of the crowd with Anna and Curie following close behind. They played a good set but I think that they deserved a much better crowd reaction to the one that they got. I mean come on serious, Gustav Wood is ridiculously hot.

I don't really want to talk about My Passion. They look ridiculous, their music sounds dreadful and all their fans (bar Jack) are fat teenage scene kids with dyed black hair. On the up side, however, they did have a lot of energy on the stage which paid off for them getting (nearly) the whole room jumping up and down.

The Blackout never dissapoint and this was the sixth time I've seen them, definitely one of the top two performances. They pretty much get better every time. My favourite part of their set was the bemusement at the end of 'save our selves' during the "woah-oh-oh-oh" bit on Sean Smith's face making me actually believe him when he said "that is the best that that has ever been done, London".
Joshmeatsix and Gavin during 'This is why we can't have nice things'

I didn't mean to cut Curie out of this but I totally cba to make the picture smaller.

After getting some free Relentless caps, keyrings and an oyster card holder we decided to stand at the back of the room for All Time Low where Curie ensured us that we would have a good view of the stage, and we did. Their set was really good but I was wishing all the way through that they would play 'coffee shop soundtrack' but unfortunately they didn't. I don't think I've had so much fun watching a set in a long time.

Gig rating: 4/5

Three Word Reviews
Natalie W: My Passion suck
Alice RH: Don't loose ticket
Cain W: Prettyy Damnn Goood!
Anna P: The blackout owned
Curie K: Jack is sex

1 comment:

  1. "We love to cause a scene."

    I LOVE THAT!!!
    I'm so stealing that pahahaaa :)
    and lol I love this review!

    ReplyDelete