Thursday 28 January 2010

AR: Hadouken - For The Masses

Due to lack of rant to do with this band and their new album this review is a lot shorter than my previous review of the You Me At Six album. The shorter the better I think.

First impressions on first listen:

First track down and it's not blowing me away but 'turns the lights out' is up next, TUNE. This album is awful. I'm not sure I'll be able to listen to it through more than once to be quite honest but I'll try... Actually I'm really not sure what to think about this album, a few of the songs are actually pretty good but a couple of the others are just unbearable. We'll give this another go in a couple of days.

After a few listens:
This album on the whole has rapidly grown on me, it's actually really quite good. Songs I didn't like at first such as 'rebirth' and 'mic check' after a few listens get considerably better, especially the next single 'mic check' as I've grown to really like the sample used throughout. Highlights of the record are definitely 'turn the lights out' and 'house is falling' but that may just be my taste.

Comparison:
I think that it's clear from just the first few songs I've heard that the band themselves have definitely grown particularly in lyrics and song writing since their 'liquid lives' and 'that boy that girl' era; which is of course a good thing.


Best track: Turn the lights out.
Worst track: Play the night.
Rating: 3/5

[I prefer this album to You Me At Six but it's not quite as listener friendly, you need to be in the mood to stand this album the whole way through without ripping your hair out.]

[Rock Sound: 5/10][NME: 3/10]

No comments:

Post a Comment