Friday 1 January 2010

Got Some Tunes [January]

Hello two zero one zero.


The playlist above features all songs on this post. You Me At Six and Delphic have disabled embedding their videos. Follow the url (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9CE794DE85085946) to watch the playlist on youtube where you can view all of the videos.

You Me At Six: Underdog
This is the first single to be released from their new album 'Hold Me Down'. I must admit that I didn't like it at all at first and I thought 'The consequence' was much better but 'Underdog' has grown on me. I think it's only the chorus that I don't like but the song's got a pretty good message if you ask me.

Young Guns: Winter kiss
OMG I LOVE YOUNG GUNS. This is such a tune. The chorus has a proper hook and Gustav Wood's voice is like phwwoaarrr. This single is also gonna be released for free, winner!

Sub Focus: Could this be real
This is the first Sub Focus song that I've heard with vocals on and it does not dissapoint at all. A really good dance record in my opinion.

Drake: Forever (feat. Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Eminem)
OMG I LOVE THIS SONG. I'm not too familiar with Drake's work but I've heard a bit of his stuff. What I like about him especially in this song is that he sings the chorus as well as rapping one of the verses. Although it does annoy me slightly that he's brought in all this big name artists, can hip hop artists not just release a good song on their own for once?

DJ Earworm: United State of Pop 2009 (Blame it on the pop)
THE MOST AMAZING MASHUP I HAVE EVER HEARD. DJ Earworm has taken the top 25 billboard hits of 2009 and made a four and a half minute mashup. Just listening to it I can't imagine how long that took him and the video is just a total other level.

Delphic: Doubt
Hello just another band on the synth indie rock bandwagon, it's a shame this song's catchy! Not sure they'll last more than this one song though...

Marina & The Diamonds: Hollywood
I have before compared Marina & the Diamonds to a poor man's Florence & the Machine (I mean, it all starts with the name right) but I am now starting to regret that statement as I believe her songs have started to improve slightly. This song is cathcy, although it does have a rather odd video, but with lyrics like "Oh my god, you look just like Shakira, No no you're Catherine Zeta, Actually my name's Marina" she's destined to win over some haters.

Miike Snow: Silvia
I personally think anything made by Miike Snow is beautiful and this song is definitely no different. Fearne Cotton (who I would quite like to hit over the head with a frying pan) said that this song makes her cry; I don't think it's that deep but it's somewhere on that track.

No comments:

Post a Comment